It’s Panto Time!
Calling all performers from across the land.
Join us at NeverLand Theatre as we celebrate the silly season pantomime style with the classic that is Cinderella.
Auditions for Moreton Bay Theatre Company’s production of Cinderella will be held on Sunday, 1 November — from 10am — at NeverLand Theatre in North Lakes.
Should callbacks be required, they will be held on Monday, 2 November — from 7pm.
Audition slots are by appointment, only. To book an audition slot, please complete the Audition Form at the bottom of this page.
Directors: Susan O’Toole-Cridland and Bea Blackmore
12 performances between Friday, 11 December and Sunday, 10 January. Please be advised the production will pause over the Christmas and New Year holiday period.
- Friday, 11 December — 7:30pm
- Saturday, 12 December — 2pm
- Saturday, 12 December — 7:30pm
- Sunday, 13 December — 6pm
- Friday, 18 December — 7:30pm
- Saturday, 19 December — 2pm
- Saturday, 19 December — 7:30pm
- Sunday, 20 December — 6pm
Break for Christmas and New Year
- Friday, 8 January — 7:30pm
- Saturday, 9 January — 2pm
- Saturday, 9 January — 7:30pm
- Sunday, 10 January — 6pm
Please note call times for all performances are 90 minutes before the scheduled performance time.
- Monday — 7 to 9:30pm
- Wednesday — 7 to 9:30pm
- Sunday — TBC (Morning)
Rehearsals commence Wednesday, 4 November. It is expected additional rehearsals will be scheduled towards the production’s opening weekend. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be provided to successful auditionees.
Auditionees will each present the following:
A vocal audition:
- Please prepare an excerpt (1—2mins) of a song which demonstrates your character singing ability.
- Please supply backing tracks on a mobile device.
A cold read from the script:
- We are interested in your ability to inject character into your role/s and your receptiveness to direction.
Please note that in traditional pantomime style, some roles will be gender-reversed in casting. As such, you may audition for roles with a different gender identity to yourself. All roles are aged 15+, unless otherwise stated.
Buttons — a serving gentleman
Cinderella — a sweet heroine
Baron Arthur Putupon — a bit down on his luck…
Baroness Cirrhosis de la Foie — …the reason why
Halitosis de la Foie — an ugly sister…
Alopecia de la Foie — …another one
Prince Kevin Charming — a Royal Prince
King Extremely Charming — …his Dad
Queen Ophelia Charming — a Queen with a sad past
The Fairy Godmother — a, uh, fairy Godmother
Assorted Villagers and Courtiers (open to all ages)